What are your hours of operation?

Monday-Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Friday 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.


Where are you located?

We are located at 298 Water Street


Who can answer questions about sewer billing?

Most questions can be answered by calling the Pollution Control Facility at (207) 827-3970

Sewer billing is done at City Hall (207) 827-3962 for specific billing questions.


How can I obtain information about sewer permits, abatements and tours at the Pollution Control Facility?

Call the Pollution Control Facility at (207) 827-3970 for more information


Who is responsible for the sewer lateral from my home?

All maintenance and repairs are the responsibility of the homeowner from the house to the City's sewer main line including the connection to the main.


My sewer line is plugged whom do I call for help?

Call the Pollution Control Facility at (207) 827-3970 for advise on the next steps


Who repairs and replaces sewer laterals?

There are many local contractors that provide this service.


I go away for the summer or winter months and have no water consumption, why do I still receive a sewer bill?

You are still liable for the capital portion of the bill as the sewer lines continue to be ready to serve.  This cost also pays debt retirement the fixed portion of the cost. The minimum sewer bill will be $102.12 per quarter, from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.